FREE PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELLING FOR LGBTI PERSONS
Within the programme of psychosocial support for LGBTI persons, LORI has initiated the Psychological counselling. This type of counselling is intended for lesbians, gay men, bisexual, trans and intersex persons of all ages and it offers an opportunity for individual psychotherapy/counselling, psychotherapy/counselling for partners and families as well as group psychotherapy/counselling.
Aim of the counselling is to provide a safe space for LGBTI persons where they can receive advice and support regarding their gender identity and/or gender expression, sexual orientation and other questions particular for life of LGBTI persons, such as coming out, (internalised) homo/bi/transphobia, rejection from the society, confrontation with discrimination and violence etc.
Topics covered by psychological counselling:
- support for LGBTI persons in the process of coming out
- support in questioning one’s gender identity and sexual orientation
- affirmative therapy with the aim of acceptance of one’s gender identity, gender expression and/or sexual orientation which differs from hetero-normative
- creation of and support for efficient confrontation strategies when facing stressful situations
- processing traumatic content related to one’s gender identity, gender expression and/or sexual orientation in cases of violence (psychological, physical, and sexual during the childhood and/or adulthood)
- dealing with LGBTI persons’ depressive and anxious disorders
- dealing with impulsive and aggressive behaviour
- resolving the problems and difficulties in intimate relationships
- counselling for partners
- counselling involving parents of LGBTI persons in order to affirm and accept gender identity, gender expression and/or sexual orientation which differs from hetero-normative
- psychological counselling for older LGBTI population, involving dealing with loneliness, and facilitation of their mutual connection
- help in resolving the problem of consumption and addiction to psychoactive substances
- organising groups in order to carry out group support and counselling
- psychotherapy of other psychological disorders
- providing relevant information regarding the changes in the process of transitioning and/or sex reassignment
Psychological counselling is provided by LGBTI friendly and informed psychologists, with sound knowledge of particular needs of LGBTI persons and with experience in working with LGBTI persons.
If you wish to receive services of psychological counselling, do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com or 091/493-4133.
Psychological counselling is free of charge.
Privacy and identity protection guaranteed.